|Don't Bury This Case|
|Season 4, Episode 9|
|Airdate||January 3, 2017|
|Written by||Craig Gore & Tim Walsh|
|Directed by||Cherie Nowlan|
A Shot Heard Around the World
Don't Read the News
Don't Bury This Case is the ninth episode of the forth season and the 70th overall episode of Chicago P.D.. This episode is the conclusion to a two part crossover between Chicago Fire (Some Make It, Some Don't) and Chicago P.D. (Don't Bury This Case).
Severide is accused of a hit-and-run accident, which later turns into a vehicular homicide when one of the victims, a child, dies from her injuries. Lindsay and Voight suspect that Severide was set up while friendships and relationships are put to the test as the detectives and cops are forced to toe a very thin line with their friends at Firehouse 51 as the evidence against Severide mounts. Meanwhile, Burgess begins her first day in Intelligence and immediately clashes with Olinsky. Also, Lindsay contemplates meeting her father.
- Jason Beghe as Sergeant Hank Voight
- Jon Seda as Detective Antonio Dawson
- Sophia Bush as Detective Erin lindsay
- Jesse Lee Soffer as Detective Jay Halstead
- Patrick John Flueger as Officer Adam Ruzek
- Marina Squerciati as Officer Kim Burgess
- LaRoyce Hawkins as Officer Kevin Atwater
- Elias Koteas as Detective Alvin Olinsky
- Amy Morton as Desk Sergeant Trudy Platt
- Jesse Spencer as Lieutenant Matthew Casey
- Taylor Kinney as Lieutenant Kelly Severide
- Christian Stolte as Firefighter Randy "Mouch" McHolland
- Timothy V. Murphy as Michael Zacher
- Mike Schminke as Greene
- Greg Tarzan Davis as Reece
- Matthew James Ballinger as Mike Cox
- Sasha Smith as Elsa James
- Andrew Goetten as Bartender
- Antonio Ciano as Ryan Novak
- Laura T. Fisher as Katrina Novak
- Rob North as Richard James
- Todd Obuchowski as Building Manager
- Ric Morgan as Rich Guy
- Jimmy Caruso as Police Officer
Atwater: Honestly, he seemed a little freaked out that his ex-fiancee, who he still has feelings for, might be upstairs right beside him.
Burgess: It's crazy how one bad decision can ruin your whole life.
Halstead: I think you've got to start wrapping your head around the likelihood that Severide did this.
Voight: I'm not looking for the yes police. I'm looking for the real police. Which we both know you are.
Halstead: If I got plastered and I killed a little girl, I wouldn't deserve it.
Voight: Chloe James, the little girl in the back seat, she just died from her injuries. This just went from hit and run to vehicular homicide.
Lindsay: You're saying you blacked out?
Voight: From the car wreck?
Severide: No, because I wasn't in one.