|Season 8, Episode 01|
|Airdate||November 11, 2020|
|Written by||Rick Eid & Gavin Harris|
|Directed by||Eriq La Salle|
Silence of the Night
Fighting Ghosts is the first episode of the eighth season and the 149th overall episode of Chicago P.D..
The team responds to the shooting of a 5-year-old girl and they must work the case while facing new obstacles that come from the heightened attention on police reform. Atwater is targeted by a group of officers who want to hurt him for standing against the blue wall. Voight questions whether he's cut out for a new form of policing as he manages oversight from the CPD's deputy superintendent.
- Jason Beghe as Sergeant Hank Voight
- Jesse Lee Soffer as Detective Jay Halstead
- Tracy Spiridakos as Detective Hailey Upton
- Patrick John Flueger as Officer Adam Ruzek
- Marina Squerciati as Officer Kim Burgess
- LaRoyce Hawkins as Officer Kevin Atwater
- Amy Morton as Desk Sergeant Trudy Platt
After leaving the precinct Kevin goes home where he is alerted by a whistle he turns and sees a man lighting a lighter before men wearing black clothing attack Kevin with various objects. Kevin is knocked to the ground as the main assault him before they receive the order to stop.
All of the men proceed to leave Kevin laying on the road before he wakes up angry about what has just happened to him.
Atwater: Well Sarge it’s your unit, I’m proud to work here but things done change that means we got a change too.
Notes and Trivia
- Hank is told not to lead his unit with methods or he will be shut down.
- This episode tackles real life events such as the COVID-19 the shooting of George Floyd and the ongoing police violence.
- It is revealed that Doyle had a wife and two kids.
- Kevin is still the target of Doyles precinct because of him ratting out Doyle’s racist ways.