|Season 2, Episode 6|
|Airdate||November 5, 2014|
|Written by||Eduardo Javier Canto & Ryan Maldonado|
|Directed by||Sanford Bookstaver|
An Honest Woman
They'll Have to Go Through Me
Prison Ball is the sixth episode of the second season and the 21st overall episode of Chicago P.D.
Ruzek and Atwater go undercover as prison inmates to work the case of a ten-year-old girl's murder, while Voight and Olinsky follow up on a lead about the shooting. Burgess and Roman show three boys around district thinking they are part of the Police Explorers program, only to realize that's not quite the case. It turns out those kids are juevniles let off on good behavior and were given a chance by the judge to do the explorers program and get off with a clean slate. In midst of teaching the kids managed to get the slip on Roman and stole the captain's car and used it to rob a clothing store. Roman and Burgess take them back to the precinct and Trudy was planning on throwing the book at them to the point where they won't get out til their 18 but Roman took pity on them and let them go and gave them his card if they ever want to be on the explorers program for real this time. One boy took it heart and he planned to be at the next meeting.
Omar martel who is a former cellmate of the uncle of the teenage robber that Mya Watkins the dead little girl was going to testify against is the killer.
The uncle ends up confessing to Atwater which resulted in Grant the young robber getting arrested.
- Jason Beghe as Hank Voight
- Jon Seda as Antonio Dawson
- Sophia Bush as Erin Lindsay
- Jesse Lee Soffer as Jay Halstead
- Patrick Flueger as Adam Ruzek
- Elias Koteas as Alvin Olinsky
- Marina Squerciati as Kim Burgess
- LaRoyce Hawkins as Kevin Atwater
- Amy Morton as Trudy Platt
- Brian Geraghty as Sean Roman
- Zoe Ishmael as Vinessa Atwater
- This episode bears some resemblance to the Law & Order: Special Victims Unit episode Undercover.